Star2Star Cloud Connection Manager
All Star2Star systems include a StarBox™ Cloud Connection Manager, our super-reliable, solid-state, on-premise connection manager. It connects over the Internet to one of our data centers, where we manage and monitor the quality of your phone system, around the clock. Our continuous internet phone service monitoring allows us to guarantee 99.999% uptime reliability while providing dramatic savings over traditional systems. The StarBox™ Cloud Connection Manager provides more features than an IP PBX system and unrivaled performance.
Three Sizes, One Amazing Box
All three models share an identical management interface and feature set, including:
- Integrated monitoring and remote management
- Manage multiple locations from a single screen
- Flexible networking configuration with dual WAN ports for Automatic WAN failover
- All solid state, low power consumption (as low as 6W)
- Long life, high reliability
- Edge traffic shaping
- 24/7/365 monitoring
If you want a better communications experience but aren't ready to give up your traditional phone system, Star2Star Super SIP Trunks is just what you're looking for. Star2Star Super SIP Trunks are a reliable, cost-effective SIP solution that delivers voice, fax, recovery, video, web conferencing, and more with local and cloud failover, 24/7/365 monitoring, and Internet routing control.
Three ways to connect to you phone system:
SIP to POTS: The StarSIP integrated access device can be installed with one or more media gateways to deliver up to 40 analog trunks to your traditional telephony system.
SIP to PRI: The StarSIP integrated access device can be installed with up to two PRI gateways to deliver up to 48 digital voice channels to your traditional telephony system. The current setup allows for 23 simulations calls via an Adtran 908, which is equivalent to a single PRI.
SIP to SIP (PBX): The StarSIP integrated access device can connect directly to phone systems that have a SIP module to deliver up to 40 simultaneous call paths to your traditional telephony system.
In today's workplace, the best phone is the one you have with you. For highly mobile workers, that phone is often a Smartphone. That's why we've created a full-featured mobile client that extends the quality and reliability of Star2Star's award-winning unified internet phone service.
StarPhone for iPhone combines a full-featured IP telephone application with advanced presence and voicemail tools. StarPhone for iPhone allows users to place and receive calls using your company's Star2Star communications system. More importantly, it improves communications while reducing costs.
StarPhone users appear on the Star2Star system as standard extensions. Outbound calls made from StarPhone travel over the IP data network, and are not billed for airtime as cellular calls. StarPhone users can use the StarPhone as their primary phone or take advantage of Star2Star's powerful Find Me/Follow Me call routing to automatically send calls to their mobile after a pre-determined number of rings, or they can have all their phones ring simultaneously.
In a disaster situation, you could lose business for days or weeks without a reliable phone connection. Are you prepared? With Star2Star, you'll never have to worry again, no matter what happens. StarRecovery is an innovative disaster recovery system that allows your business to maintain telephone service despite power, telephone and Internet outages, or even destruction of your facilities.If you experience an outage at your business, our StarRecovery System will immediately detect the problem and automatically take over as your phone system.
- Calls will be rerouted to designated employee cell phones, landlines or another office location
- Main or departmental numbers can be routed to an auto attendant or to a group of numbers
StarRecovery also provides all the features and functionality of a Star2Star internet phone service, including:
- Unlimited voice mail
- Email delivery of voicemail
- Customized call routing
- Conference rooms
Advance Call Center
StarCenter™ is a complete, full-featured call center exclusively for Star2Star's internet phone service. It delivers advanced call routing, management, and reporting features with a simple, web-based user interface that makes it easy to add and administer queues and agents—from a few to hundreds of users. It also operates seamlessly across multiple locations.
- Agent login/logout
- Skill-based ring strategies
- Flexible queuing configurations
- Agent barge, monitor and whisper functionality
- Real-time displays (optional)
- In-depth reporting (optional)
- Optional cloud-based recording of agents' inbound calls for quality assurance or archival purposes
- Can be added to any existing Star2Star system with no additional hardware required.
Call recording is an important tool for many businesses. Recorded calls can be used to meet regulatory requirements, verify accuracy, maintain quality customer service, and provide guidance and training for employees. Star2Star provides System-Wide Call Recording, On-Phone Recording, and StarCenter Call Recording.
If you have employees in multiple locations, StarVideo is the way to connect them face-to-face without incurring travel costs.
How It Works
Up to 12 users can join a real-time StarVideo conference with audio. Additional participants can join the conference in audio-only mode. It's robust, interactive and simple to operate. Here's how it works:
- To initiate a conference, an organizer selects the users to invite to the conference using a favorite list or by searching in the company directory.
- Invited users will receive an on-screen notification, letting them know they've been invited to participate.
- When a user accepts the video invitation, the system will provide a list of audio options, including the user's office phone, cell phone, StarPhone, and any other extensions or dial in that user chooses.
- Once the system has connected the audio, users click the "start sharing" button to connect to the video conference.
- A whiteboard feature within the video conference allows participants to view and collectively edit virtually any type of document.
- A text chat feature also allows users to communicate with one another during conferencing.
In today's always-on, always-connected world, many employees and clients need additional methods of communications. Instant messaging, also known as chat, provides the same high level of interaction without the time constraints imposed by a phone call. Users can multitask and stay productive. With Star2Star's StarChat unified messaging application, users can easily participate in a one-on-one or multi-party text chat. Group conversations make it simple to contact people you need to chat with often, and have written conversations in real time. Because all of your chats are stored in a searchable archive stored in the cloud, you always have access to them.
Your telephone and computer are equally important business tools. StarScope2™ leverages the power of the desktop computer to improve workflow, communications, and presence management by making your phone system more accessible and intelligent. Its user interface is based on a visual representation of all the extensions in your organization, including remote phones, softphones, and phones in multiple business locations.
With color-coded indicators to show who is on the phone, whose phone is dialling or ringing, and who is out of the office, as well as a "drag & drop" call transfer feature that allows users to click on an active call and drop that call into hold, StarScope2™ helps you tame your communications without you ever having to take your eyes off the screen.